[daip] New Ticket - [!CHM-859142]: Unreasonable elevation in SNPLT

R. Craig Walker do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 30 00:47:25 EDT 2010

New Ticket: Unreasonable elevation in SNPLT

After APCAL failed to get a solution, I tried to plot the system temperatures in the TY table vs elevation using SNPLT with XAXIS=2.  There were a number of points, involving 2 stations, plotted at elevation about 3200! (later in poking around determined to be about 3140).  I changed to plotting amplitudes in the CL table vs elevation.  Got the same thing.  This was my DELZN data, so I tried plotting one block at a time.  The problem is seen in 3 of the 4 blocks, so it is not just one scan.  I then selected one source at a time while my patience held out.  Two sources had the effect, so it is not just one source.  This was DiFX data from March 2009.  I have done almost nothing to it so far except run some flagging.  I don't believe that snplt looks at the flags - at least it doesn't have a FLAGVER.  I have placed the idifits file in
/home/noatak2/transfers/VLBA_BW092B_G_LPOL8IF8MHZ32CH_42.908GHZ00.uvfits if you want to look at it.

Cheers,

Craig

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: CHM-859142