[daip] New Staff Reply - [!PHW-838284]: CLCOR versions

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 22 10:45:44 EDT 2010

New Staff Reply: CLCOR versions

Did you actually test to see if the results of CLCORs were different?
My bet is that your antenna file has been converted to right handed -
do a PRTAN and look for keyword XYZHAND - and so 31DEC08 CLCOR will
make severe errors on VLBA data because it assumes left handed for
VLBA.  Furthermore, we have changed the algorithm to use a reference
antenna - usually antenna 1 which is usually BR - so that antenna will
have 0 phase.  For the VLBA this should not matter much - but for the
EVLA each antenna has now earth radius size Bx, By, Bz but the antennas
are very close to each other.  Working with a reference antenna makes
the phase shifts in that case very much more accurate and may well
improve the accuracy for the VLBA by a more modest amount.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: PHW-838284
Department: AIPS Data Processing