[daip] [HelpDesk #29335] AIPS problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 9 12:11:47 EDT 2010

George Martin wrote:
> ppalmer at oskar.uchicago.edu wrote:
>>> Subject: AIPS problem
>>> From: ppalmer at oskar.uchicago.edu
>>> To: helpdesk at aoc.nrao.edu
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working on some data taken April 6.  Several programs say antenna
>> info is missing.  In particular, TVFLG says:
>>
>> WARNING: SUBARRAY  1 SOME ANTENNAS LACK POSITION INFO
>>
>> But, with PRTAN, all antennas seem to have plausible numbers.  (I am here
>> in the AOC in room 200, but I keep my mail in Chicago.)
>>
>> Pat Palmer
>
> Pat,
>
> This problem is beyond the ken of the helpdesk. I' Cc:'ing
> this reply to daip at nrao.edu.
>
>   George

1) Are these data given you by CASA?  TVFLG expects antenna position
info for all antennas 1 through Nmax.  CASA does not provide info for
antennas not in your subarray.  So it is the lines missing from PRTAN
and presumably from your data that are relevant.

2) The helpdesk we would like you to use now for AIPS, CASA, etc etc
is not helpdesk at aoc.nrao.edu.  Instead it is found by logging in to
my.nrao.edu.  I attach a note on the subject.