[daip] New Ticket - [!ODW-116740]: Erroneous ACD000000; file

Andrzej Marecki do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 8 03:39:46 EDT 2010

New Ticket: Erroneous ACD000000; file

An abnormal break during the AIPS session (link failure) resulted in a very nasty error: when I tried to re-open AIPS after restoring the connection the following messages popped up:

AIPS 2: Enter user ID number
?240
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD06O000.06O;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 2: ZOPEN: STILL WAITING FOR FILE DA00:ACD000000;
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD06O000.06O;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN

The same appeared for *any* user ID, which meant that the whole AIPS was broken. Luckily, I managed to fix it by means of replacing $DA00/ACD000000; with its virgin copy from $TST/$ARCH/TEMPLATE/ - they were different. Everything seems to work fine now but, just for my curiosity sake, I'd like to ask:

1. What could have happened here?
2. Has any important piece of information got lost because of the loss of ACD000000;?
3. What is the correct way to fix AIPS in such circumstances? I saved that bad ACD000000;
so I can restore it (i.e. "break my AIPS back") and fix it in a right way.

--
Andrzej

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: ODW-116740