[daip] new antenna ref. system

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 1 15:03:46 EDT 2010

Luca Moscadelli wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
>> I can think of no reason why there should be any change - except one.
>> That one is user error.  If a data set is first looked at in any way
>> by 31DEC09 or 31DEC10, the antenna file will be changed to have all
>> Bx, By, Bz systems right handed.
>
> What do you exactly mean by that "looked at".  Can even a "getn" and/or
> "imh"
> change the AN file ? Or does one need to run a task on the data set ?
>
> thanks,
>
> Luca

Clearly it takes more than an IMHEAD - but note that running FITLD on a
FITS-IDI format file just to load it in will already reformat the file.
You can run PRTAB (which will not change the AN file) and see what the
header says and what the antenna coordinates are.  If the header has an
XYZHAND keyword, then the header is in late 31DEC09/31DEC10 form.

On the other hand, you are saying that 31DEC07 does a more reasonable
thing while a right-hand VLBI data set would cause 31DEC07 to do the
wrong thing.

You have not said where these data are from - either the telescopes or
the correlator.  That may also matter...  But I really cannot do much
with the sort of vague comments you and other Europeans have sent me.

I can debug things in detail, but only with data said to provoke the
problem and a detailed description of what the problem is.