[daip] waiting for TDD000004;

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 29 15:12:24 EDT 2009

bob at physics.ucdavis.edu wrote:
> hi, every now and than my mac freezes while aips gives themessage
> AIPS 2: ZOPEN: STILL WAITING FOR FILE DA00:TDD000004;
> AIPS 2: ZOPEN: STILL WAITING FOR FILE DA00:TDD000004;
> AIPS 2: ZOPEN: STILL WAITING FOR FILE DA00:TDD000004;
>

> what is this????
>

> bob becker

The TD file is the file used for tasks to communicate with AIPS.  It
should never be occupied for very long by one task but it is a shared
file that must be locked when in use.  Perhaps some tasks are taking a
long time to start up or close down.  AIPS while waiting for tasks to
finish will also read this file at intervals.

I have no idea why it would lock up for the necessary 15 sec or so to
get this message.

Eric