[daip] Problem with CLCAL in AIPS

Douglas B Gobeille dbgob at brandeis.edu
Fri Sep 18 15:04:25 EDT 2009

Dear DAIP,

While working on project AB0375 (April 8th, 1986) I encountered the following error after a normal run through AIPS.

CLCAL1: Task CLCAL  (release of 31DEC08) begins
CLCAL1: Using interpolation mode 2PT
CLCAL1: Copied CL file from vol/cno/vers  1    2   1 to  1    2   4
AIPS 1: Resumes
CLCAL1: Processing SN table    2
CLCAL1: WARNING: SN table    2 has already been applied
CLCAL1: SNMRG: Merging SN table
CLCAL1: SNMRG: Write     162 merged records from     162 input records
CLCAL1: SN2CL: Applying SN tables to CL table   1, writing CL table  4
CLCAL1: SN2CL: WARNING: Will try to append new solutions to CL table   4
CLCAL1: SN2CL: This is because there are no entries for specified,
CLCAL1: SN2CL: TIMERANGE, SOURCE, SUBARRAY or FREQID in CL table   1
CLCAL1: SN2CL: WARNING: NO CL RECORDS WRITTEN
CLCAL1: Appears to have ended successfully
CLCAL1: localhos 31DEC08 TST: Cpu=      0.5  Real=      1  IO=       103

Everything seems to be fine until I try to apply the phase calibrator 1345+125 to the source 1146BC. 3C286 is the flux calibrator and I have also tried using 1252+119 as a backup phase calibrator which also seems to fail. It definitely seems like there is an issue with the SN tables but I cannot figure out what that may be.

That's about it. Any thoughts you have would be great.

~Doug Gobeille

PS: I have attached a script I wrote to load in and calibrate the source. The error will be the last step of the script.