[daip] Image size (fwd)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 30 11:04:48 EDT 2009

Rob Ivison wrote:
> hi Eric et al.
>
> is the image size limit an insurmountable problem in RMSD, or could
> the code be altered to take us marginally above 10kx10k? (see message
> from my student, below).
>
> cheers,
>

> Rob

I have looked at the code and it certainly attempts to work on an image
32768 in the X direction with even less limitation in the Y direction.
The size of the area over which the central rms is computed is limited
to 1024 times 1024 pixels.  Since AIPS cannot handle images > 32K
anywhere and the 1024^2 box would be very expensive to run, these limits
seem reasonable.  I will attempt to test this to see if there is
something ion the code stoping it from doing what its outer intenstions
indicate.  Is the student attempting some very large box?