[daip] New Ticket - [!SLI-651319]: Typo or superfluous code in APCAL

Craig Walker do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 28 19:50:46 EDT 2009

New Ticket: Typo or superfluous code in APCAL

I was chasing down what happens in APCAL when the SU table doesn't have flux densities when I found this snippet of code in the .FOR file:

                  SFLUX(K) = FBLANK
                  IF ((IPOLUV+JPOL-1).EQ.1) THEN
C                                       RCP
                     IF (WFLUX) SFLUX(K) = FLUX(1,JIF) - FLUX(4,JIF)
                     SFLUX(K) = FLUX(1,JIF) - FLUX(4,JIF)
                     END IF
C                                       LCP
                  IF ((IPOLUV+JPOL-1).EQ.2) THEN
                     IF (WFLUX) SFLUX(K) = FLUX(1,JIF) + FLUX(4,JIF)
                     SFLUX(K) = FLUX(1,JIF) + FLUX(4,JIF)
                     END IF
                  IF (.NOT.WFLUX) WFONE = .TRUE.

The operations in the IF(WFLUX) statements are identical to the line that follows that are always executed.  Either those lines are superfluous or there is a missing ELSE and modified line, I think.  I think the this is benign.

As I read this, when there is no flux in the SU table, SFLUX(K) is zero so presumably no Ta gets added later, but I think that is ok - morally equivalent to having a small flux set - despite the warnings issued by the program.

Cheers,

Craig

P.S. Consider this also a test of the support site.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: SLI-651319
Department: Data Processing (AIPS)
Link:  http://nrao.helpserve.com/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=38