[daip] MSGWRT error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 23 11:19:10 EST 2009

Modhurita Mitra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I start up AIPS, I get the following error:
>
> ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =     1278
> ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1307649 THRU = 1308672 BEYOND EOF = 434176
> ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
> MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT WRIT
>
> How can I fix this problem?

The message file contains a pointer that tells it where to write the
machine crash usually - that causes it to be set erroneously.  The best
way is to exit aips and then delete the file.  When you start up a new
one will be created.

The file is in your disk 1 data area and is named

   MSDuuu000.uuu;

where uuu is your user number in extended hex (base 36).  There is a
verb in aips and a script in the aips system area called EHEX so that
    EHEX nnn
will tell the uuu for user number in decimal nnn.