[daip] mnj

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 17 18:36:10 EST 2009

Shoshana Rosenthal wrote:
> HI,
>
> On one of our computers I have installed AIPS 31DEC09 a while ago and
> never ran MNJ
> I tried to run mnj today and I get the following error. Do you know how
> to fix it?
>
> Thanks
> Shoshana
>
> AIPSUPD - cd /u1/AIPS/31DEC09/LNX64/UPDATE
> AIPSUPD - RunTime is 20091117.224152
> AIPSUPD - LogFile is /u1/AIPS/31DEC09/LNX64/UPDATE/UPD20091117.224152.LOG
> AIPSUPD - ErrorFile is
> /u1/AIPS/31DEC09/LNX64/UPDATE/UPD20091117.224152.ERR
> AIPSUPD - Using CVS for copying files.
> AIPSUPD - calling UPDCVS
> UPDCVS - detected broken install of TEXT; blowing old
> UPDCVS - away and fetching new...
> Detected broken install of TEXT; blowing old away and fetching new
> Unknown host mnj.aoc.nrao.edu.
> UPDCVS - cvs get of TEXT had abnormal completion
> AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1

This is odd - the detected message comes from a test for a directory
$AIPS_ROOT/TEXT/CVS which was missing for a period of time long since
passed.  You could see if that directory and other CVS directories below
almost all other aips directories are actually there.

/home/primate/AIPS/TEXT/CVS
primate<712>$ ls
Entries  Repository  Root

is what shows on my machine.  The unknown host suggests that the machine
does not have proper access to the net lookup tables.

Perhaps Wes has some other suggestion.

Eric