[daip] Writing Archive Data To Tape

Ilias Fernini IFernini at uaeu.ac.ae
Thu Nov 5 12:53:05 EST 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

I have recently installed the 31DEC09 AIPS version. I was able to read some
old data that I had on a DDS2 4 GB tape without any problem. When I archived
some needed data from the VLA archive, I used TAR to load it to a DDS 2 tape
but AIPS was not able to read it (header type problem).

This is what I did:

1. Loaded the archive into my disk

2. TAR the archive to a DDS 2 tape

3. Use AIPS FIILM to read it.

4. Header Type problem.

What kind of program you have to use to load the archive DATA into a DDS 2
in FITS format, so that AIPS can be able to read?

My best thanks for your help.

Ilias M. Fernini

Associate Professor - Dept. of Physics

Fac. of Science - UAE University - POB 17551 AL-AIN - United Arab Emirates

WebPage: http://faculty.uaeu.ac.ae/ifernini

Office 00-971-3-7134428

Fax 00-971-3-7671291