[daip] AIPS on a 64bit machine // more to chew on

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 2 13:28:06 EST 2009

Bill Junor wrote:

> I have 1 disk.  It's a laptop so it's challenged.  But DA01 is defined
> and created --- and there should be some error trap rather than a crash.

I am sorry but the error trap is what is aborting.  The function itself
is doing something very bad - getenv is not working correctly.  It must
return a 0 for failure or a useable string.  This abort seems to say it
creates an unusable string.  Note that aips is running on 1000's of
computers and none have this problem.