[daip] TKPL

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon May 25 10:44:55 EDT 2009

Farhad Zadeh wrote:
> Hi  Eric,
> I hope all is well. I have been having a problem with
> TKPL on my PowerBook G4 laptop as I have the latest version
> of aips is installed. The problem is that the label of the plot file
> including all the headers are shown as zeros or O's.
> I there a quick fix?
> Many thanks for your help.

I doubt it.  I tried TKPL on my Mac (an Intel chip) and it works fine.
I then tried to log in to our G4 machine - there were a bunch of wierd
problems and it did not seem able to talk to my computer at all.  But
that would not test the real issue - there is nothing wrong with TKPL.
What is wrong is with the xterm emulator on your (old) machine.

Let me point out that there is little reason to use TKPL.  The TVs are
fast (maybe not on a G4?) and the cursor read back works on XAS while it
fails some on xterm emulators.  All TK operations have been replicated
in TV code.

Perhaps Wes can figure out how to test this more tomorrow.