[daip] IMAGR channel binning problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat May 23 19:29:46 EDT 2009

Eva Schinnerer wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Here is the promised email. We used the NCHAV and NINC set to 2 to bin
> the velocity axis to increase the S/N in our HI data cube. The original
> data cube looked fine, whereas the newly binned datacube looked a
> continuum image. The data cube was continuum subtracted with UVLIN.
>
> Please let me know if we only experienced this problem and I can send
> you the data that caused this problem.
>
> Thanks very much,
>    eva

I tried this on my NGC6503 data set.  I ran IMAGR with NCHAV=2; CHINC=2
with both a gnu-compiler version and the faster Intel-compiler version
which we send with binary installations.  I also then ran UVCOP with
APARM(1) 1; NCHAV=2; CHINC=2 and reran IMAGR with NCHAV=1; CHINC=1.
All three produced nearly identical results, all of which looked fine.

I guess I am going to need your data set and your inputs to IMAGR.