[daip] Catalog rebuild.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri May 22 10:19:40 EDT 2009

R. Craig Walker wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Could you please remind me what the program is that rebuilds an AIPS
> catalog when something has happened at OS level to mess it up - like files
> got deleted, or copied from somewhere else.  Something goofy happened and
> I had more files on output of an rsync than on input.  I think two
> directories got combined somehow, although I haven't figured it out yet.

I would worry about what happened first...

If you

. $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.SH        (bash or source LOGIN.CSH for tcsh)
$CDTST
RUN RECAT

and answer the questions

RECAT looks for header files (CBD*) and rebuilds a CA file from them for
specific user numbers.  If things are all munged together then this may
produce strange results...

Eric