[daip] DTSIM - AIPS

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Thu May 14 18:44:47 EDT 2009

Dear Alessandra,

I have returned back from vacation today. So it is a case when it'd be
better to send the message to
daip at nrao.edu
DTSIM is not the deeply tested task. I looked briefly to the help file
and found it too complicate.
I can not say anything now about the 'feature".

I have written another simulated task UVCON which does not simulate
D-term but does Gaussian noise.
UVCON  simulates the observation of one source at one frequency allowing
simulation for any configurations including VLA, VLBA and many other
options.

So we need to decide what is better/simpler:
1. to add noise to DTSIM (it may be simpler)
2. to add D-term simulation to UVCON (it may be more complicate and no

Let us (AIPS group) to discuss this at the AIPS meeting this Wednesday.

Leonia