[daip] [HelpDesk #27308] aips question

George Martin gmartin at nrao.edu
Thu May 14 16:17:13 EDT 2009

Jason Speights wrote:
>> Subject: aips question
>> From: "Jason Speights" <jspeight at nmt.edu>
>> To: helpdesk at aoc.nrao.edu
>
> Hi.
>
> My name is Jason Speights.  I am trying to read FITS files using FITLD and
> I get the error message -
>
> AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:TDD000004;
> AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
>
> I am using the path to the file in DATAIN -
>
> DATAIN '/users/jspeight/aips/N5364.FITS
>
> My aips # is 2630.  I have rechecked and rechecked what I am doing and
> can't think of anything I am doing differently than before (when it use to
> work).  I have also tried different files.  Any ideas or is there anyone
> AIPS knowledgeable you recommend I see to find out what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,

The AOC helpdesk people are not AIPS users. In general questions about
AIPS should go directly to the AIPS support people via daip at nrao.edu. See,
www.aips.nrao.edu.

Just in case there is a local host for which the AOC helpdesk can provide
some information or help, that should have been included in your helpdesk
request.

I've Cc:'ed daip at nrao.edu on this reply.

  George