[daip] Error(?) in postscript file.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 11 17:29:08 EDT 2009

R. Craig Walker wrote:
> I have attached an LWPLA output that I just made and have not edited.  As
> you will see, the scale command is before the box.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Craig
>
> Here are the LWPLA inputs (on horton, my laptop)
>
>> inp lwpla
> AIPS 1: LWPLA:   Sends plot file(s) to a PostScript printer or file
> AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
> AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
> AIPS 1: INNAME     'BW090B3C274'           Image name (name)
> AIPS 1: INCLASS    'DIFF1'                 Image name (class)
> AIPS 1: INSEQ        11                    Image name (seq. #)
> AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Disk drive #
> AIPS 1: PLVER         0                    Version # of PL file. 0=>last
> AIPS 1: INVERS        0                    PL file version #, upper
> AIPS 1:                                    limit if > PLVER
> AIPS 1: ASPMM         0                    Arc sec. per mm. 0=self scale
> AIPS 1: LPEN          5                    Pen width (dots).
> AIPS 1: RGBGAMMA   *all 0                  Gamma correction to apply
> AIPS 1: FUNCTYPE   ' '                     'NE','LG','NG', 'SQ', 'NQ'
> AIPS 1:                                    else linear
> AIPS 1: DPARM         0           0        (1,2) Clip recorded grays
> AIPS 1:               0           0            before FUNCTYPE (0 to 1)
> AIPS 1:               1        *rest 0     (3,4) After FUNCTYPE scale
> AIPS 1:                                        by g*DPARM(3) + DPARM(4)
> AIPS 1:                                    (5) Page orientation
> AIPS 1:                                        0: fill page
> AIPS 1:                                        1: portrait  2: landscape
> AIPS 1:                                    (6) Paper type, for centering
> AIPS 1:                                        0: quarto,      1: legal,
> AIPS 1:                                        2: 4x5 in Slide,3: A3,
> AIPS 1:                                        4: A4,     5: 35 mm Slide
> AIPS 1:                                        6: 11 x 17
> AIPS 1:                                        1000*X + Y -> XxY inches
> AIPS 1:                                    (7) Font type, default
> AIPS 1:                                        Helvetica-Bold (see help)
> AIPS 1:                                    (8) Font size (in points,
> AIPS 1:                                        default 13).
> AIPS 1:                                    (9) Use CMYK color out rather
> AIPS 1:                                        than RGB if > 0. Do this
> AIPS 1:                                        for journals.
> AIPS 1: OUTFILE    'BW090:PLOT_DIFF_MONTAGE_1/BW090B_DIFF_11_TEST.PS'
> AIPS 1:                                    ' ' => print/delete
> AIPS 1:                                    otherwise write named file.
> AIPS 1: COPIES        1                    Number of copies if going
> [...]

Okay - I found a 2nd place in LWPLA that is invoked when the plot task
(KNTR) thinks it is doing color but you have docolor and plcolors 0 in
LWPLA.  That had the coordinates of the white box wrong and I have fixed
it.  Note that I could not get KNTR to call GINITC unless I gave it a
real OFMFILE that actually has color in it - a B&W one did not get KNTR
to call GINITC but I did not see color in your plot - curious.  Anyway,
LWPLA should be fixed.

ERic Greisen