[daip] WX/vlbacala trouble.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 6 00:49:15 EST 2009

I tried to run vlbacala solving for opacity.  Here are the inputs with
expname and expdisk locally defined and set to the appropriate values.

default vlbacala
  inn=expname; incl='multi'; inseq=1; indisk=expdisk
  dofit=1
vlbacala

 I got the following messages from APCAL before death:

localh> APCAL1: TABIO: BAD LRNO =       587 LIMIT       585
localh> APCAL1: TABWX: ERROR   2 FROM TABIO OPCODE = READ
localh> APCAL1: REAWX: ERROR  2 SOMETHING WRONG WITH WX TABLE
localh> APCAL1: TXTWX: ERR  2 OPENING WX TABLE   1

The WX table has 585 rows according to PRTAB and the data look ok although
the INTERVAL is zero.  Why does it seem to be looking beyond the end?

Note that I had WX trouble processing other data sets from a year ago,
although the messages were somewhat different.

The data are on my laptop so we'll have to jump through some hoops to give
it to you if that is needed.

My last update was Feb 10 when I installed Dec09 with Amy's help.  I can
try a midnight job tomorrow and do again.

Unfortunately, as usual, vlbacala fails on the APCAL, not the ACCOR so
redos are a bit tricky.  Could we have a version of VLBACALA that skips
the ACCOR?  I seem to run into this issue a lot because of the fragility
of APCAL in the opacity solving mode.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA