[daip] autoboxing

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 25 17:21:31 EDT 2009

Lynn D. Matthews wrote:
>>> Yes, I just did a test that confirms that this is unrelated to the
>>> auto-box. I have largely stopped using the filtering since it was
>>> modified, but I used it in the tests to be consistent with my
>>> previously processed data.
>>
>> By changed do you mean the change I made to do a round of Clean after
>> the "final" filter?  If so, why does this stop its use?  Or whcih
>> change do you mean?
>>

> Yes, that's the change I meant. I played with this a bit, but retained
> some discomfort with the idea of clean continuing after FLUX or NITER is
> reached. And if I'm cleaning interactively, when I say "stop cleaning",
> I generally mean it---e.g., during a self-cal sequence where I want to
> carefully control the addition of clean components.
>
> Regarding IMAGRPRM(19), the help file mentions its usefulness for
> OVERLAP>= 2 mode where sidelobes from neighboring fields come in.  This
> did not apply to me, so I always left this set to zero and couldn't
> figure out why it defaulted to 0.5 in some cases but apparently not others.
>
> Lynn
>>
>> The HI writing is object style - if a parameter is not zero/blank it
>> is written whether it was relevant or not.  In this case, however, I
>> find no limit on IMAGRPRM(19) to any particular value of OVERLAP and I
>> do not see from the help why you would expect such.  It may be more
>> useful in multi-facet cases, but it has a use everywhere.
>>
>> I will look at the filtering bug tomorrow - I have been upgrading
>> FILIT today.
>>
>> I will need to write an AIPS Memo on the autoboxing so I am interested
>> in what you find.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eric

I am still looking for the filtering restart bug - but I have changed
the code so that the user has to ask for that restart following a filter
  at what would otherwise be the end (set IMAGRPRM(9) < 0 - so the
deafult will be not to do it).

IMAGRPRM(19) gets filled in by the code when it examines the beam in
CLBHIS (and a message appears).  That is how it ends up in the HI file
at the end.