[daip] VLBA telescope in Hancock, NH

Mike Hagerty hagertmb at bc.edu
Fri Jun 5 19:33:09 EDT 2009

Hello.
My name is Mike Hagerty, I manage the New England Seismic Network,
a network of 14 seismic stations distributed throughout New England and
headquartered at Weston Observatory of Boston College.

The reason I am mailing you is that we are looking to expand our seismic
monitoring in the state of New Hampshire, and one of your VLBA sites
(Hancock, NH) is located very close to where we would like to put a station.

Your requirements for a site - soil stability, quiet, security - are
similar to our
own and I would like to discuss the possibility of locating a
seismometer on
your site.
Can you please put me in touch with the appropriate person.

There are good examples where telescopes and seismometers have been
colocated - e.g., seismic station HRV, one of our most revered, is
located in
Harvard, MA, on the site of the OakRidge Astrophysical Observatory.

Please see our network website at:
http://quake.bc.edu:8000/

Thank you for your consideration,

-Mike Hagerty, Ph.D.