[daip] AIPS install errors

Yoshiaki Hagiwara yoshiaki.hagiwara at nao.ac.jp
Thu Jul 2 07:25:18 EDT 2009

Dear AIPS staff,

I asked you in Feb about my failure in binary installing AIPS
to my PC running on  MacOSX (PPC) . Eric replied me to
install cvs to avoid the Midnight jib error. After installing
cvs to my PC, I can still find the same error.
Even if I ignored this error by hitting, there are some errors
about FILAIP. I did try running FILAIP independently, but it does
not work all. Where do I check at this stage?
Why do we need to run FILAP during installation.

Should I do text installation instead of binary?

Cheers,
Hagi

BMNJ fail?
AipsWiz: You should investigate this.
AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> to acknowledge::
AipsWiz:  =====> Generate system files via FILAIP/POPSGN...
AipsWiz: This will generate some output, including a copyright (left)
AipsWiz: statement and some prompts, but should end with a 'Done!' if
AipsWiz: everything worked...

AipsWiz: About to run FILAIP.  If this is a re-installation, you
AipsWiz: will be prompted for an AIPS Manager password.  The
AipsWiz: default password is AMANAGER

Cannot find /aips/31DEC09/UNKNOWN/LOAD/FILAIP.EXE
AipsWiz: Error: FILAIP did not work, or there's a missing file!
AipsWiz: Error: This may mean that FILAIP did not work (it should have
AipsWiz: Error: created it and many other files in that area).
AipsWiz: Error: You can try running it by hand after (a) dotting the
AipsWiz: Error: LOGIN.SH file or sourcing the LOGIN.CSH file; and
AipsWiz: Error: (b) Typing 'RUN FILAIP'.  You will then be asked for
AipsWiz: Error: two parameters.  Use
8 2

AipsWiz: Error: as the standard values.
AipsWiz: Error: You will also have to RUN POPSGN if that works;

AipsWiz: Error: Feed it

0 POPSDAT TST

AipsWiz: Error: when it asks for Idebug, etc. and press RETURN when
AipsWiz: Error: you see the '>' prompt.

AipsWiz: Install Wizard stopping.  Current settings saved in ~/.AIPSRC
AipsWiz: Abandoning ship!  Goodbye.