[daip] bug for ATLBA data in CLCOR?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 27 16:35:15 EST 2009

Adam Deller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I have located a bug in CLCOR, where ATLBA data is treated
> incorrectly when attempting to modify source or antenna positions.  The
> Greenwich meridian is only used for VLBA data - ATLBA data is forced to
> the local meridian, which is incorrect.  I'm less certain about the
> left-handed vs right-handed coordinate systems, but as far as I know the
> LBA uses same the (internationally standard) coordinate system as the
> VLBA, and hence should not be forced onto a RHS either.

There are a variety of places in the code that test for ATCA and ATLBA
and do various things.  Over recent years I have heard from several
Ozzies on the subject of various bits of the AIPS code.  But in the end
there has been no agreement on what should be done.  I have no opinion
and will happily do whatever a concensus tells me to do.  But I need a
concensus - and you cannot decide about handedness for example....

Some tests of shifting data and seeing where it ends up in images might
tell you the answer...