[daip] AIPS installation on a MAC

Svetlana Jorstad jorstad at bu.edu
Sat Jan 24 01:39:13 EST 2009

I have installed the 31DEC09 version of AIPS on the MAC OS X version 10.5.5.
The installation went fairly smoothly and ./START_AIPS creates message and
AIPS-X windows.
However, when I run a task, messages are printed in the command line from
which I ran the task instead of the message window and, for example, task
PCNTR does not plot in the AIPS-X window
and gives the error:
ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV01         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
 ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6
PCNTR1: Input maps aligned on reduced subimage only
PCNTR1: Second image is Stokes Q and third image is U
PCNTR1: ZSSSL2: svetlana-jorstads-macbook: UNKNOWN HOST
PCNTR1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
PCNTR1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
PCNTR1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
PCNTR1: TV OPEN ERROR      6
PCNTR1: GINIT: ERROR    6 OPENING THE TV
PCNTR1: GRAPH FILE INIT ERROR. GINIT ERR =    6
PCNTR1: ZCLOSE: LUN = 16 ALREADY CLOSED IN FTAB ON SEARCH
PCNTR1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
PCNTR1: svetlana-jor 31DEC09 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
AIPS 1: Resumes

My HOSTS.LIST looks as follows:
+  SVETLANA-JORSTADS-MACBOOK  MACINT    BUSGJ        NONE   My laptop

Thank you very much,
Svetlana Jorstad