[daip] Midnight Job

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 19 12:03:04 EST 2009

Vinodiran Arumugam wrote:
> Dear Eric Greisen,
>
> I have just installed AIPS on my MAC which isn't set up to send or
> recieve emails as required by midnight job. Is there any way in which I
> could specify an email address to which the MNJ mails will be sent?
>
> Many thanks,
> Vinod

The file UPDCONFIG in the $SYSLOCAL area of your AIPS installation is
where the e-mail addresses are specified.  However, if your machine is
not configured to send e-mails then e-mails cannot be sent.  Most
people's machines do have the daemon process that sends e-mails running
even if they do not receive e-mails.

Note that the MNJ does not require e-mail - it just sends its report to
a list of e-mail addresses.  That report is also save in the
$TST/$ARCH/UPDATE area of your machine under the name UPDdate.time.DOC
where date and time are the date and time the job ran.