[daip] FARAD question

Hanno Spreeuw J.N.Spreeuw at uva.nl
Wed Jan 14 11:25:39 EST 2009

Thanks,

I was inspired by Robert Braun's scheme for WSRT pol cal.
http://www.astron.nl/wsrt/WSRTsoft/cookbook.html

I thought I would use either this scheme or the five step approach to
polarization calibration in the COOKBOOK, but replacing LPCAL/PCAL by
SPCAL, because this is P-band and the leakages are frequency dependent.

I can avoid using FARAD before running PCAL/LPCAL/SPCAL because I have
at least one unpolarized calibrator. Also, I can calculate the XY phase
offset without correction for ionospheric faraday rotation because I
have a linearly polarized calibrator with V=0.

So I just need to adjust the visibilities of the target in some smart
manner before imaging Stokes Q and U.

Hanno.