[daip] CALIB and solution intervals

Olaf Wucknitz wucknitz at astro.uni-bonn.de
Wed Jan 7 09:58:36 EST 2009

Hi there,

sorry for adding another aspect to this difficult issue.

In the past I always used <<10sec (e.g. 1sec) solution intervals when I
wanted solutions at the intervals of the integration time (typicall 10sec
for VLA data), because that worked better than a solint of 10sec.

Now this approach causes a small problem. Sometimes it happens that the
last solution of a scan is assigned an incorrect source number in the SN
table. I noticed this only because GETJY does not rescale those incorrect
entries which thus pop up in subsequent SNPLT as being a factor 3 too
small. With 31DEC07 this problem does not occur. It also disappears if I

What is the recommended solint to produce solutions at the intervals given
by the integration time?

I am using the latest MNJ versions of 31DEC07-09 (last entry in
CHANGE.DOC is 12787. January 6, 2009 CALIB). The data set is just
about a week old, downloaded today and read in with the latest FILLM.

Cheers,
Olaf