[daip] [bananas] VBGLU and 31DEC09

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 5 19:18:25 EST 2009

Michael Bietenholz wrote:
> Happy New Year!
>
> About the VBGLU bug
>
> 1) is this bug in 31DEC07 as well?
>
> 2) am I safe if the data-set says "TB" sort order after loading?

(1) Yes the bug is in 31DEC07 and maybe even older than that - probably
made 2006/08/07 or even 2006/03/06.

(2) NO.  The TB is probably a lie and it is actually T?.  Do a PRTUV and
you will probably see the baselines are not
1-2,1-3,1-4,1-5,....,2-3,2-4,...9-10.  A proper UVSRT and probably MSORT
would make a correct baseline order for a true TB.

I tested things in part by doing a VBGLU and then UVCOP to pull them
apart again.  The 2 data sets then have to be UVSRTed since VBMRG will
mess with order before a UVDIF can be run to compare.

I am amazed that this bug was not reported long ago - a user hit a case
where autocorrelations ended up in cross-correlation baselines so it was
very obvious.