[daip] Strange Error

Laura Chomiuk chomiuk at astro.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 25 19:18:25 EST 2009

Hello,
	I recently upgraded to 31Dec08 version of AIPS, and have been
getting an error that looks like this a LOT:

SCREAT: FAILED TO CREATE REQUESTED SCRATCH FILE
CALCOP: ERROR 5 CREATING SCRATCH FILE

(it might not always say CALCOP, i'm not sure)

it pops up most often when I am trying to use UVPLT, and sometimes if,
after I get this error, I load up my data in TVFLG and push a few buttons,
when I try UVPLT again, it will work and not give me this error. But
oftentimes this does not work, and I just can't plot my data.

Also, I just tried to run BLCAL and got the above error in that case too!
I have plenty of disk space available, and the uv file is not being read
or written to by anything. So I am at a loss.

Do you have any insight into what might be causing this? It's making it
very difficult to use aips at all.
		Thanks very much,
			Laura Chomiuk