[daip] IMAGR memory problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 23 16:44:20 EST 2009

Hanno Spreeuw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got gfortran to build, like this:
> CFLAGS=-m64 ./configure --prefix=/some_dir/  --disable-multilib
> --enable-languages=fortran --with-gmp-include=/usr/include/
> --with-gmp=/usr/lib64/
>
> But XAS wouldn't build:
> AipsWiz: About to unpack the XAS.SHR archive.
> AipsWiz: Done.
> AipsWiz: About to try to make XAS...
>
> rm -f *.o xas XAS
> /home/hanno/Ccompiler/gecompileerd/bin/gcc  -D_BSD -DUSE_SHM -O2 -axWPT
> -c xas.c
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-axWPT"
> make: *** [xas.o] Error 1
> AipsWiz: Error: Failed to build the XAS program.
> AipsWiz: Error: This means no AIPS TV will be available.
> AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> to acknowledge::
>
> How should I adjust FORTOPT/CCOMOPT?
>
> Further down the line there is another problem:
> error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.2: cannot open
> This occurs many times.

The XAS problem comes from the fact that install.pl does not know how to
edit the Makefile fro changing compilers so intel options are specified.
The -axWPT is an intel option that is also not current even for intel.

It may be necessary to either set your library path or to put the
libgfortran.so.2 file into your $LIBR area in a suitable link directory
(INTELCMP) is there at present.

Eric Greisen

Note that I do not think any of this will change anything and that the
gnu compiled tasks will run slower...