[daip] [Mnj] New "architecture" now supported in AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 5 10:27:32 EST 2009

Alak Ray wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Thanks for the information. Is there a 64-bit version of 2008 or 2009
> AIPS which runs on Apple Mac O/S Leopard (Power Mac G5): Mac OS X
> 10.5.6 (9G55) and for the corresponding Intel (Dual core) based
> laptops Leopard?

No.

The hosts we use for PPC and Intel Mac preparation are running 32-bit
systems.  We do not anticipate any PPC upgrade ever since the IBM
compiler for that chip was not ported to recent operating system
versions.  In time, I suppose we will offer a 64-bit MACINT version if
it turns out to run faster,