[daip] Fwd: AIPS installation on a MAC

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 4 16:29:52 EST 2009

Wes Young wrote:
> Here's the bit in question, which I don't know how to solve.
>
> wes
> wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> t does not work.
>> Thanks,
>> Svetlana
>> [svetlana-jorstads-macbook:~/aips] jorstad% source LOGIN.CSH
>> [LOCALHOST:~/aips] jorstad% ./START_AIPS
>> START_AIPS: LOCALHOST is not defined in HOSTS.LIST; cannot start AIPS.
>> [LOCALHOST:~/aips] jorstad% more HOSTS.LIST
>> +  SVETLANA-JORSTADS-MACBOOK  MACINT    BUSGJ        NONE   My laptop

In the file $AIPS_ROOT/HOSTS.LIST add a line :

+  LOCALHOST  MACINT    BUSGJ        NONE   My laptop

Then in the file $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/DADEVS.LIST you will need to add data
area(s) that point at LOCALHOST.  I don't know what you set up for data
areas but if I assume that you did

$AIPS_ROOT/DATA/SVETLANA-JORSTADS-MACBOOK_1/

as your data area, then I would copy the lines with the old name and
change the name to LOCALHOST.  Then in the DATA area $AIPS_ROOT/DATA
I would do

ln -s SVETLANA-JORSTADS-MACBOOK_1  LOCALHOST_1

If you put the data areas somewhere else, then you will need to
translate the above appropriately.

Let me know how it works.