[daip] AIPS installation on a MAC

Wes Young wyoung at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 3 13:43:52 EST 2009

Sorry, I was out on Friday and most of Monday.

You need to set LAPTOP = "YES" in your LOGIN.SH or LOGIN.CSH.

What is happening is that your computer's name is not recognized by
gethostbyname, i.e. it's not in a nameserver or hosts file. Once you
set LAPTOP = "YES" then it will use localhost to resolve the name and
then things should work.

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu