[daip] AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 2 10:15:01 EST 2009

Anita M. S. Richards wrote:

>> EDITA has flags that control whether an operation is done on what
>> polarizations but it can go well beyond what is seen or not.  Way too
>> many controls/flags - this OOP code.
>>
>> I will look a bit to see if there is an unintended bit - but did you
>> want to run EDITA (flags uv data) or to run SNEDT to flag/alter the SN
>> data?
>>

> Thanks for getting back so quickly,
>
> I was using EDITA to flag the UV data.  These are dummy figures but
> let's say:
>
> R gains are mostly within 0.8-1.2, but a couple of points are >2.
>
> I want to flag the points >2 and also flag these points only in L, so I
> set the All Polarizations switch.  Based on past experience (certainly
> of IBLED, and as far as I can recall of EDITA and SNED), I expect this
> to flag the points selected in R, in all polarizations.
>
> Most of the L gains are 3-4 because L is weaker than R (the intention
> being to copy the R solutions to L in due course).
>
> I display R and 'flag above' 2.  This flags all the data >2 in both hands.
>
> That is, instead of selecting on R and flagging both, it is selecting on
> both L and R.
>
> I hope that this is clearer, if not I will send some screen shots (it is
> not actually my data so I would  have to wait for the user to reappear
> and log on).

Very much clearer - I tried it and found that flag above and below
functioned quite oddly compared to e.g. flag area which really should be
the same.  So I stole the code structure from flag area and fixed the 2.
The fix is now in 31dEC09 - so I hope you have updated to the latest and
greatest and are running a MNJ.

Thanks,