[daip] CLCOR position shifting

Mark Reid reid at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 30 13:37:53 EST 2009

Dear DAIPser:

    I have been trying to debug some procedures (runfiles) for our VLBA
Key Project for parallax measurements.  As a test I observed/correlated
some calibrators at their correct positions and offset by ~1 arcsecond.
I then FRINGe fit the data, getting delays and rates, and then solve for
position offsets.  This seems to work well.

However, when I correct the data processed at the offset positions by
running CLCOR (ANTC), I no longer get any FRINGe solutions.  Before I
spend a lot of time figuring out what I may have done wrong, I thought I
would ask if there is any chance that (31Dec09) CLCOR does not "know"
that the Y-station coordinates have been changed?

Mark

Mark J. Reid                 Phone: 617-495-7470
Harvard-Smithsonian CfA      Fax  : 617-495-7345
60 Garden Street             Email: reid at cfa.harvard.edu
Cambridge, MA 02138, USA     Web  : www.cfa.harvard.edu/~reid