[daip] [Fwd: [Vlahelp] task vlant]

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 10 10:48:04 EST 2009

Gustaaf Van Moorsel wrote:
> This seems more of an AIPS question, so I am sending
> it to daip.  Thanks!
>
> Gustaaf

No.  The task carefully watches the files and as soon as a particular
antenna moves from the station used for your data, then the corrections
made for that antenna and/or station later are ignored.  But 3 antennas
never move (except for the EVLA upgrade) and so it keeps reading until
all antennas have been flagged as done or the data runs out whichever
comes first.  It will list any antennas that might still get more
corrections were you to run VLANT 6 months from now.  Except of course
that all this runs out when we shut down the VLA and start running the
EVLA early next year.