[daip] mindnight job problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 4 12:18:24 EST 2009

gcastell at iafe.uba.ar wrote:
> Dear daip group,
>
> I run the AIPS midnight job (version 31DEC09) and now I have got troubles
> in using the task COMB. I need to construct a spectral index map, which
> I always did with COMB (there is other task spixr, but it requires the
> data put in a cube). The point is that, I revised all the inputs in COMB
> and I was not able to find an error from my side (see below please).
> I could verify that the problem is not opcode 'spix'. Indeed, my "updated"
> version of AIPS cannot also do a simple SUM between images.
> The answer from AIPS is:
>
> localh> COMB 1: Task COMB   (release of 31DEC09) begins
> localh> COMB 1: DO NOT RECOGNIZE OPCODE =
> localh> COMB 1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> localh> COMB 1: athos        31DEC09 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
>
> Please, it would be great if you have any idea about what is wrong.
>
> On the other hand, it is also notable that working with a uv file, the
> task PRTAB does not work well. It was not posible to read the SU table.

What appears wrong is that your MNJ died without completing properly.  I
changed COMB in February 2009 to omit the USERID adverb.  Your help file
reflects that.  But the error message from COMB suggests that the load
module file (which is copied after the help file) does not know about
this change.  If your MNJ is going all the way back to February, it will
be a very very large job.  It might be better to install the 31DEC10
version instead - it is available starting today.