[daip] clean question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 21 15:51:46 EDT 2009

Lawrence Rudnick wrote:
> Eric -  have you ever seen a clean which alternated, every other major
> cycle, between undersubtracting and oversubtracting a source?  I have a
> field with 19 facets (set up, i believe with setfc, so they're
> overlapping, etc)  and I sometimes have sources that have clean boxes in
> more than one facet.  It has happened on more than one such field that I
> get into this alternating cycle.  All of the other clean boxes seem to
> have behaved normally, and aren't taking part in the oscillation.  Ideas?
>
> lr

Are you using OVERLAP 2 mode?  You should be if a source appears in
Clean boxes in 2 facets.  This will then not happen - and some other
good things will happen.  I am think about writing a task or something
to find out about overlapping boxes and perhaps remove them.

BTW - have you tried the new autoboxing?  It is pretty cool in many ways.

ERic Greisen