[daip] HELP!!!

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 11 13:12:15 EDT 2009

suhail ahmad wrote:
> Respected Sir,
> I am currently installing AIPS, but am facing several problems.
> I have installed Fedora (2.6.25-14.fc9.i686).
> Please find the attachments with this mail, from these you can guess my
> problem.
> I would be very grateful to you for your kind response.
> Thanking You.
>
> Suhail Ahmad Siddiqui
> AMU, Aligarh
> India, 202002

I cannot tell what has gone wrong

cd $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC09/$ARCH/INSTALL
grep -v ^- *.LIS

This will tell you what subroutine(s) in the Z routines failed to
compile.  You can send me the portions of INSTEP2.LOG (in that same
directory) which apply to the routine(s) involved.

Alternatively - if you are not planning to develop AIPS tasks at your
own site - why not change and do

     perl install.pl -n

This will provide you with the binary version of AIPS.  On my latest
Intel desktop, the binary version runs at least 40% faster than one
compiled with the GNU compiler.  You may have to insist to the
install.pl that you really mean a binary installation (the file
$HOME/.AIPSRC tells it that you were compiling locally).