[daip] VLANT message

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 6 10:59:05 EDT 2009

Rob Ivison wrote:
> on each of my systems (Mac, Linux, Linux64, all running the midnight
> job on 31DEC09) i get the following error message when running VLANT.
> has a dependency changed?
>
> cheers,
>
> Rob
>

> broom.> VLANT1: Task VLANT  (release of 31DEC09) begins
> broom.> VLANT1: TFETCH: wget OF DATA FILE FAILED AFTER wget
> broom.> VLANT1: Trying curl instead
> broom.> VLANT1: TFETCH: curl OF DATA FILE FAILED
> broom.> VLANT1: ERROR    2 OPENING FILE FOR YEAR 2009
> broom.> VLANT1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> broom.> VLANT1: broom        31DEC09 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       3

Has the firewalls or other protections at your site changed?

Try a wget on your machine:

       ftp://ftp.aoc.nrao.edu/pub/VLA/baselines/baselines.vlais09

to see what error messages you get (do this under Linux - Macs use curl)

I attach the file it is attempting to fetch which is where it is
supposed to be and with correct protections.

Sore it under name $AIPSTARS/VLA.ant.2009

But try the wget since this file will change with time (don't leave it
in $AIPSTARS...)