[daip] AIPS, PCAL and CHKFC troubles...

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 4 13:34:32 EDT 2009

jsf31 at mrao.cam.ac.uk wrote:
> Please find attached the boxfile. I've had a look through the code and
> CHKFC seems to be calling GTPARM, which calls ZDRCHK for the read/write
> check, followed by ZEXIST and finally ZEXIS2 which is where the ZABORS:
> signal 8 is received.
>
> I'm running on a Sun Solaris (SUL) installation of 31DEC08 AIPS.
>
> Thanks
> Jamie
>

>> Can you send me your boxfile for the CHKFC problem.  I tried with my
>> latest boxfile and alll was lovely on gnu and Intel LNX64 versions.
>> What is your OS?
>>
>> Eric Greisen

The MNJ tomorrow will fix this in 2009.

If you compile locally - which it sounds as if you do - change the 233
just ahead of GTPARM to 231.  If you don't compile locally let me know
and I will make a 08 patch.

Have you tried LPCAL for the PCAL issue?  I am not an expert on
polarization and do not know these tasks well.  I think there are real
problems with all of them.