[daip] VLANT with 31DEC08

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 20 10:34:38 EDT 2009

Julie Grant wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I ran the midnight job and I still seem to get the same error with
> VLANT.  Is it possible that my midnight job is not set up properly?

We finally got our hands on a Mac laptop that reproduced your troubles.
  We do not understand them, but have a workaround.  On some machines,
when the 1st line in the file is null (just and end-of-line character)
the Z routine that reads it aborts.  Any other line in the file being
null is not a problem, nor is the null line a problem on many other Mac
and all Linux machines.  Unfortunately, the 2009 file started with a
null line.  We have fixed that - so a work-around rather than a full
explanation...

It should work for you now.