[daip] VLANT with 31DEC08

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 8 17:00:48 EDT 2009

Julie Grant wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I ran the midnight job and I still seem to get the same error with
> VLANT.  Is it possible that my midnight job is not set up properly?

You can look at the report generated in

$AIPS_ROOT/31DEC09/$ARCH/UPDATE/UPD20090408.054202.DOC

which will indicate if it copied the 31DEC09 VLANT.EXE.

You can also look at the date ON $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC09/MACINT/LOAD/VLANT.EXE
to see if it matches about when the MNJ was run.

But this suggests bad news - there is a software error that only affects
certain operating systems none of which we have even though we think we
have essentially the same.  You are not alone in having this problem but
this is the first report since I went to no optimization.

ERic Greisen