[daip] Maximum number of flags

Enno Middelberg middelberg at astro.rub.de
Mon Apr 6 08:39:40 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using a custom script to flag GMRT data in Aips, which produces very
granular flagging information, and so my FG tables have 100000 and more
rows. When I try to apply the flags to the data using UCVOP, it aborts with

UVCOP2: TOO MANY FLAGS AT SAME TIME (>****)
UVCOP2: COPYUV: COPYIT ERROR 10

In particular, I have 294129 rows in this FG table.

Browsing the source code I find a parameter MAXFLG in UVCOP.FOR, which
is set to 60001. I have two questions related to that:

1 - is this parameter significant, or can MAXFLG be increased to, say,
600000 or more without consequences?

2 - how come that flagging tables with ~100000 rows, which I have dealt
with before, are possible and don't cause UVCOP to abort?

Best regards,

Enno Middelberg
Bochum, Germany