[daip] DBCON=>UVFIX

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Sun Apr 5 16:05:20 EDT 2009

I sent the following message to Hanno Spreeuw

Hanno,

I think I got it.

UVFIX determines the subarray for the given visibility using the
information inside of the random parameter "base".  "base" includes both
information about the antenna numbers and subarray.
"base" = ia1 + (ia2-1)*256 + (subarray-1)*0.01

DBCON instead codes subarray adding 5 days in time for each following
subarray.

UVFIX correctly read up the first subarray data, but meeting the
visibility with the second subarray
UVFIX believes that it is still the first one (there is no a tenth in
"base") and rejects it.
As a result UVFIX does not recalculates UVW for the second subarray
leaving them without change.

So the output of the UVFIX has some visibilities (subarray=1)
recalculated to J2000 and others
(subarray=2) having calculated by correlator (B1950). It can lead to the
double vision.

I'll discuss this with Eric tomorrow to decide what to do.

You can solve your problem (I hope) now running UVFIX twice with
original data and the DBCON
the results!!

Leonia