[daip] visibility time stamps

Aaron Cohen cohen at charleston.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Sep 23 10:34:11 EDT 2008

Hi Eric,

The ionospheric shifts are what I'm trying to measure.  I agree that the
rotation would be small compared to any single ionospheric shift, but
I'm trying to get statistics on this and would like to remove any
systematic errors that would affect the mean values.  I'm using the
message files from the data reduction of the VLSS (roughly 90 separate
observations), so going back and changing things is not an option.  If
there is a rotation, I will need to calculate it and remove it from the
analysis.

The data were all taken and prior to 2006, and all reduced before June
2007.  I believe that is before anything changed in AIPS.  Do you think
there would be any rotation in the fields caused simply by the fact that
times are measured at the end of the scans and u,v,w at the center?  If
so, is there a way to calculate it?

Thanks,
Aaron