[daip] Installation problems

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 3 10:29:27 EDT 2008

Atish Vyas wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> When I run task CALIB sometimes I get following error message (please
> see the attached file). Contrary to the error message, the data is
> certainly there because I could see it in UVPL with docalib -1. Could
> you please tell me what could be the problem ? And perhaps solution
> too. I am using 31DEC07 aips.
>
> Regards,
> - Atish .

Please use daip at nrao.edu - I have been on vacation and others may be
able to help you with problems.

CALIB has a great many inputs and I cannot tell what it is about them or
about your data that causes CALIB to find no data.  Try using the inputs
to CALIB in UVPLT, checking particularly CALSOUR and CALCODE and
DOCALIB.  (Note that DOCAL = 1 may delete some data if there are no
valid entries for the cal source and note that you have 2 CL tables at
least and that the highest CL table is used by default.)

If you cannot figure out what is wrong, send me your INPUTS to CALIB and
UVPLT and I will look at them.