[daip] [Fwd: Re: problem with FITLD]

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 2 16:54:55 EDT 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [daip] problem with FITLD
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 14:53:23 -0600
From: Amy Mioduszewski <amiodusz at nrao.edu>
To: Svetlana Jorstad <jorstad at bu.edu>
<48B8505D.90601 at bu.edu>

Hi Svetlana,

I have confirmed your problem.  My guess is that the file is somehow corrupted.
   I'll send e-mail to the archive people about that.  I would recommend you
downloading the VLBA_VSN* files, but you have files missing, which is a known
problem they are working on right now.  How desperate are you?  I can have the
experiment redistributed and put it somewhere for you to get it but hopefully
this will be cleared up in a few days.

Amy

Svetlana Jorstad wrote:
> No it does not help and the error is the same but
> I am surprised that at the archive website the size of the file
> is 3519480kB while in the archive directory (e2earchive)
> it is 2147483647 B, more than 1Gb smaller.
> Thanks,
> Svetlana
>
> Amy Mioduszewski wrote:
>> Someone else earlier this week had this same problem.  When he
>> re-downloaded the data it worked.  Try that.
>>
>> Amy
>>
>> Svetlana Jorstad wrote:
>>> I have a new version of AIPS  and I used midnight job two weeks
>>> ago before reducing the data obtained in July 2008, the data
>>> reduction went well.
>>> However, I can not read the data obtained in June 2008:
>>>  VLBA_BM256I_FPOL4IF8MHZ16CH_43.2015GHZ03.uvfits (the size of the
>>> data file is completely the same as in the archive).
>>>
>>> sjet.b> FITLD1: Task FITLD  (release of 31DEC08) begins
>>> sjet.b> FITLD1: Create BM256I      .UV    .   1 (UV)  on disk  3
>>> cno    1
>>> sjet.b> FITLD1: Warning: table type OB is of zero length
>>> sjet.b> FITLD1: TAPIO: RECORD LENGTH    127 INCONSISTENT WITH BLOCK
>>> SIZE  2880
>>> sjet.b> FITLD1: ERROR     10 RETURNED FROM FITRXU
>>> sjet.b> FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
>>> sjet.b> FITLD1: sjet 31DEC08 TST: Cpu=     34.8  Real=    550