[daip] Another VLANT problem...again

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 2 10:51:30 EDT 2008

Deidre Hunter wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I'm sorry to keep having VLANT problems, but here is another. This is on
> a PowerMac G5 running MacOSX 10.4.11. We ran VLANT successfully on
> B-array data, but now we get the following when we run it on C-array
> data taken March 27 of this year.
>
> Deidre
>

>> I'm having trouble with my first segment of C-array data.  The VLANT
>> task does not change the CL table but rather I'm getting the following
>> message:
>>
>> tortug> VLANT1: Task VLANT  (release of 31DEC08) begins
>> tortug> VLANT1: TFETCH: CANNOT FIND COMMAND wget
>> tortug> VLANT1: Trying curl instead
>> tortug> VLANT1: /tmp/baselines.vlais08 copied from the VLA web site
>> tortug> VLANT1: WARNING: 12 ANTENNAS MAY STILL GET MORE CORRECTION
>> tortug> VLANT1: NO ANTENNA NEEDED CORRECTION
>> tortug> VLANT1: Appears to have ended successfully
>> tortug> VLANT1: tortuga      31DEC08 TST: Cpu=        .0  Real=       2

This is a version that is not entirely current but the task did the
correct thing.  It could not find wget so it did curl which worked.  (On
Macs that should now be try curl and only if that fails try wget)  Then
it read through the file and found no corrections as yet for the
antennas.  But 12 have yet to move - at least according to the info in
the file.  The program worked just fine although it might do someting
later if - later - more corrections are entered.

Eric Greisen

Not is you had used daip at nrao.edu someone else would cover for me during
my recent vacation.